Membership, which is automatically joint with the Royal African Society (RAS), entitles the holder to:
- reduced fees at symposia and conferences of both organisations
- receipt of the influential quarterly journal African Affairs
- receipt of the ASAUK Newsletter which gives the reader a wide range of information on activities, events and publications of interest to students of Africa
- notices of ASAUK funded programmes such as the ASAUK teaching fellowship and ASAUK writing workshops notices of events, meetings and seminars organised by the RAS/ASAUK
- invitations to book launches and receptions
- borrowing rights at the School of Oriental and African Studies (SOAS) Library
- discounted subscriptions to the journal Africa and Journal of Southern African Studies (JSAS)
- discounted rate of the African Arguments book series
- receipt of a weekly electronic report of ‘Africa in the News’
- reductions on other selected books and travel to Africa
Membership is available at heavily subsidised rates to registered postgraduate students at a UK university.
Categories of membership and cost:
- Joint ASAUK/RAS £60
- Student Joint ASAUK/RAS £25
- Associate (no journal or access to conference members rates) £9
If you are interested in joining ASAUK, please download, complete and return this form to 36 Gordon Square, London WC1H OPD.
We accept the following methods of payment Direct Debit (preferable), BACS, cheque and cash. To pay by direct debit please complete this online form. If you are filling out the ASAUK Direct Debit form online to set up a payment for membership, a mandatory reference box on the form needs to be completed by the customer. This reference can be completely made up and can be a mixture of numbers and letters.
(If you have any issues completing this form then please download this PDF form to complete manually and send to the address as above.)
The Secretary of the ASAUK will respond to your application.