Membership, which is automatically joint with the Royal African Society (RAS), entitles the holder to:
- Subscription to African Affairs, the world’s top-rated African Studies journal (worth £82)
- Access to SOAS, University of London Library, the world’s largest reference library on Africa (worth £200).
- Receipt of the ASAUK Newsletter which gives the reader a wide range of information on activities, events and publications of interest to students of Africa
- Regular newsletters from the Royal African Society, African Arguments, ASAUK and the APPG for Africa and others
- Notices of ASAUK funded programmes such as the teaching fellowship and writing workshops
- Discounted registration for the ASAUK Biennial Conference (worth £85) and other symposia
- Free or discounted entry to the RAS’s programme of public events, tackling some of the most pressing issues affecting the continent today
- Opportunity to feed into the advocacy and policy work of the All-Party Parliamentary Group for Africa, administered by the RAS
- Priority booking and discounted tickets to the cultural festivals Africa Writes and Film Africa
- Exclusive invitations to high-profile celebratory events, and member’s-only receptions
- Opportunities to network with like-minded people interested in Africa and establish professional connections and partnership
- Discounts on subscriptions to other journals and publications, including The Africa Report (30% off 1st year), the African ArgumentsInsider’s newsletter (30%) and selected books with publishers James Currey and Boydell & Brewer
- Third party discounts brokered through our partnerships
For those who want to offer an enhanced contribution to support the work of ASAUK and RAS, there are also opportunities to become a Friend or Lifetime Member.
Categories of membership and cost:
- Individual £85
- Student £40
- Friend £120
- Lifetime £1,500
- Associate £12 (no journal or access to conference members rates)
To join, simply click the links above. If you would like to pay via bank transfer or cheque, or if you would like to become an Associate Member, please email email@example.com.